Do you like pudding? Do you like strawberries? Well the good news is you just may like this easy strawberry pudding. It’s tasty, light, healthy, vegan, raw, gluten-free and dairy-free – now what more could you hope for in a breakfast or snack recipe (since this Lovely Strawberry Pudding could fulfill both these categories).
Well let’s go and make this recipe!
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries from the freezer (slightly defrost in or outside the fridge if you think it may be too hard for your blender)
- Optional: 1 banana (room temperature or frozen)
- 1 or 2 Medjool dates OR 3 or 4 less sweet dates – Don’t forget to take out the pits. If you don’t have dates or prefer not to use them, then add another healthy sweetener like stevia.
- 1 cup vegan milk (i.e. almond, coconut, rice, etc.) Note: You may need to add more milk if it doesn’t blend well but begin with one cup.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (soaked in the cup of vegan milk for at least 20 minutes or longer even as long as overnight)
- Optional: 1 handful of almonds (Soak almonds in hot water for 20 minutes or more or cover your almonds with moderate water and put in the fridge overnight. Strain the water, lightly rinse almonds. Do not keep the water). You could also use another nut instead.
- Optional: 1 handful of sunflower seeds or another seed like pumpkin seeds.
- Blend the strawberries, banana, dates and cup of vegan milk with the chia seeds in your blender until it is a creamy texture. Do not over-blend, because you are making a pudding to eat with a spoon, not a smoothie to drink. If the items seem to be stuck and are not blending well add a small amount of milk and see if it solves the problem. If not keep adding small amounts of milk until the ingredients start to blend. The key is not adding too much milk so it is creamy but to add enough for the ingredients to blend together.
- Top your pudding with the strained almonds and sunflower seed (or other kind of seeds)
This is a very versatile recipe that you could customize to suit your tastes. Feel free to add other ingredients like spices or protein powder to the pudding during the blending stage or add spices and fruit afterward as toppings.